Last Updated on
Aloo Tikki Chaat is one of the most popular and delicious street food of Northern region in India. These tikkis are made by boiled potatoes and stuffed with peas or dal filling and serve along with chole, chutney or curd as snack. Even sometimes Aloo tikki serves with bread as sandwich form. But this time I shared quick version of aloo tikki, hope all of you like it. You can also prepared aloo tikki without stuffing and serve as chaat with chutneys and curd.
“Aloo” means potato, and the word “tikki” means a small cutlet or croquette in Hindi, Marathi, and Tamil. It is served hot and warm along with a side of saunth, tamarind and coriander-mint sauce, and sometimes yogurt or chick peas.
In Mumbai, India a popular version of aloo tikki is served with a spicy curry and various chutneys. It is called “Ragda pattice” and is sold on the various chaat stalls throughout the city and especially the Chowpatti Beach.
For Quick version of Aloo tikki, you have to mash the potatoes and mixed with coriander, chilies, cornflour and spices, fried in oil and served with green spicy and sweet chutney as street food of Delhi.
Here is mine other Street food recipes which are also shared in alphabetically order: Aloo Tokri Chaat, Besan Bread Toast, Corn Tehri, Dabeli, Easy Shakarkandi Chaat, Fried Matar Chaat , Golgappe Cheese Chaat, Hare Chane ki Chaat, Italian Papri Pizza, Jhal Muri , Kulhe Ki Chaat, Locho, Misal Pav, Nagori Halwa Poori, Orange Sondesh , Palak Patta Chaat
What we needed to cook Quick Aloo Tikki:
4 Medium Sized Potatoes, Boiled and Mashed
2 Green Chilies, Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Green Coriander, Chopped
3 Tbsps. Cornflour or Cornstarch
Salt to Taste
Oil for Frying
Green Coriander Chutney
Sweet Tamarind Chutney
Salt to Taste
Black Pepper Powder to Taste
Red Chili Powder to Taste
Roasted Chaat Masala to Taste
Cumin Powder to Taste
Coriander Leaves, Chopped
How to cook quick version of aloo tikki at home, here is directions:
Peel and mashed the boiled potatoes. Add coriander, salt, cornflour, chilies and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal 6 portions and give them round shape. Heat the oil in non-stick pan or griddle. Place the tikki one by one and cook till to golden brown and crisp from the both sides on medium flame. Transfer the cooked tikkis on serving plates and spread yogurt and both chutneys equally. Sprinkle all the spices and garnish with boondi, sev and onion. Serve hot tikkis immediately
Quick Aloo Tikki Chaat
- 4 Medium Sized Potatoes, Boiled and Mashed
- 2 Green Chilies Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Coriander Chopped
- 3 Tbsps. Cornflour/ Cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
- Green Coriander Chutney
- Sweer Tamarind Chutney
- Whipped Yogurt
- Salt to Taste
- Chaat Masala to Taste
- Red Chili Powder to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder to Taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Onion Chopped
- Peel and mashed the boiled potatoes. Add coriander, salt, cornflour, chilies and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal 6 portions and give them round shape.
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan or griddle. Place the tikki one by one and cook till to golden brown and crisp from the both sides on medium flame.
- Transfer the cooked tikkis on serving plates and spread yogurt and both chutneys equally.
- Sprinkle all the spices and garnish with boondi, sev and onion. Serve hot tikkis immediately