Last Updated on
Jeera aloo is a typical vegetarian Indian dish which served as a side dish with pooris or chapati. Its main ingredients are par boiled potatoes, cumin seeds and some spices. It’s a quick stir fry recipe which good in taste and easy to make.
This time I shared Falahar version of jeera aloo or you can say Farali Jeera Aloo. To prepare this recipe, just cook boiled potatoes with Cumin seeds, rock salt, black pepper powder and coriander powder only.
We always prefer cook farali recipe in desi ghee but you can use vegetable oil also if you like. We serve this dish with curd and kuttu poori. Here is kuttu poori recipe.
Farali Jeera Aloo
- 4 Boiled Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 2 Tbsps. Desi Ghee or Oil
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp. Coriander Powder
- 2 Green Chilies Finely Chopped
- Rock Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder to Taste
- 2 Tbsps Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Heat the ghee in non-stick wok on medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds when ghee is hot enough.
- When cumin start splutter, add green chilies and boiled potatoes.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and coriander powder and toss well for few minutes.
- Cook for 2 minutes more and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with curd and poori.