Last Updated on
Palak Patta chaat is a healthy and tasty chaat which is very popular in Delhi; you can this chaat at every chaat corner. To get more variation, you can taste palak chaat, paan chaat or other green leafy chaat. In this chaat, spinach leaves are coated with besan batter and deep fried and then drizzled with indian sauces, whisked curd and spices.
Spinach is a very healthy leafy vegetable which is a good source of iron, protein, vitamins and minerals. here you can check more spinach recipes : Spinach Cheese Paratha, Palak ki Poori, Palak Paneer, Sham Savera, Palak Makai, Palak Ki kadhi, Moong Dal Palak, Spinach Corn Pulao.
Here you can check other chaat recipe just like palak patta chaat.. so delicious and mouthwatering : Oil free dahi bhallas, green tikki on protein platter, masala papad, aloo chaat, Paan ki chaat, Ragda pattice, thapuda chaat, rajkachori, bread katori chaat and more.
Here is mine other Street food recipes which are also shared in alphabetically order: Aloo Tokri Chaat, Besan Bread Toast, Corn Tehri, Dabeli, Easy Shakarkandi Chaat, Fried Matar Chaat , Golgappe Cheese Chaat, Hare Chane ki Chaat, Italian Papri Pizza, Jhal Muri , Kulhe Ki Chaat, Locho, Misal Pav, and Nagori Halwa Poori.
What we needed to prepare palak patta chaat :
12 Palak ke Patte / Spinach leaves
1/2 Cup Gram Flour
1 Potato, boiled and chopped
1/2 Cup Green Coriander Chutney
1 Cup whisked Yogurt
1/2 Cup Tamarind Chutney/ Sweet Chutney
Red Chili Powder to taste
Roasted Cumin Powder to taste
Black Pepper Powder to taste
Salt to taste
Chaat Masala to taste
Green Coriander, chopped
Oil for deep frying
How to make palak patta chaat at home:
Wash and clean the spinach leaves. Mix the gram flour, salt with little water to make thick consistency batter. Heat the sufficient oil in wok on high flame. When oil is hot enough, dip the leaf one by one in batter and fry them one by one on low flame. Place the crisp and crunchy fried leaves in plate. Add chopped potatoes, add green chutney, sweet chutney and curd. Sprinkle salt and spices according to taste. Garnish with pomegranates, sev and green coriander on the top. Paan ki chaat is ready to serve.
Palak Patta Chaat | Spinach Chaat Recipe
- 12 Spinach Leaves Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Besan/ Gram Flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 Boiled Potato Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Chutney
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt Whisked
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chutney
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder to taste
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Chaat Masala to taste
- Sev for Garnishing
- Pomegranate Arils for Garnishing
- Boondi for Garnishing
- Green Coriander, chopped for Granishing
- Wash and clean the spinach leaves. Mix the gram flour, salt with littlewater to make thick consistency batter.
- Heat the sufficient oil in wok on high flame. When oil is hot enough, dip the leaf one by one in batter and fry them one by one on low flame.
- Place the crisp and crunchy fried leaves in plate. Add chopped potatoes, add green chutney, sweet chutney and curd.
- Sprinkle salt and spices according to taste.
- Garnish with pomegranates, sev and green coriander on the top. Paan ki chaat is ready to serve.