Last Updated on
Gozleme is a traditional savory Turkish flatbread and pastry recipe made of hand rolled leaves of yufka dough that are lightly brushed with butter and eggs, filled with various toppings, sealed and cooked over a griddle. The dough is usually unleavened and made only with flour, salt and water.
The word goz derives from Turkish meaning compartment in reference to the pocket of dough in which various toppings are sealed and cooked over griddle or tawa.
Toppings of Gozleme are various and vary by preference and region which includes, lamb, meat, chicken, sea foods or vegetables like eggplants, potatoes, zucchini, onion, peppers and more.
It’s a very comforting food which you can serve in breakfast as snack. This time I used boiled potatoes, green onion and grated cheese with salt and pepper as filling which gives very moist and soft texture. My whole family loves this Turkish Gozleme. I get the idea of this recipe from Srivall’s blog, personally I love her recipes and pictorial view.
Turkish Golzeme | Potato and Cheese Stuffed Flatbread Recipe
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Potatoes Mashed
- 1 Cup Cheese Grated
- 1 Cup Green Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Coriander Chopped
- 2 Green Chilies Chopped
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder to Taste
- Olive Oil for Frying
- Flour for Dusting
- Combine flour with salt, olive oil and water in a bowl and knead soft dough. Keep aside to set for alteast 15-20 minutes.
- Now combine potatoes, coriander, cheese, chilies, salt, pepper powder, onion in large bowl and mix well. Add olive oil and again mix gently and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll the each portion into thin round shape chapatti using flour.
- Place the small portion of stuffing in centre of rolled chapatti. and fold into four edges like envelop. Again roll it with little flour if needed.
- Heat the griddle or non-stick pan and cook the gozleme like Indian paratha with olive oil from the both side till to little golden on medium flame.
- Serve hot cheese Turkish gozleme with curd or sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
If yes, do let us know how it turned out in the comments below.
Do share a picture with us email@example.com or share on instagram with hashtag #simplytadkarecipes and tag us @simplytadka