Last Updated on
Chatpata banana is a simple and easy to make banana stir fry recipe which made with banana and Indian spices. You can serve this recipe as side dish along with Indian breads such as chapati, phulka, paratha or poori. It is great option for fasting period or as farali recipe. (updated recipe :2018, nov)
To prepare this recipe, you have to just saute the ripe bananas with salt, pepper, sugar and red chili powder and garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves. Even you can eat this recipe as chaat also.
Here you can check other Street food or chaat recipes.
1 Cup Ripe Banana, Diced
Salt to Taste
4 Tsp. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
1/4 Tsp. Asafoetida Powder/ Hing
1/2 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
Green Coriander, Chopped for garnishing
1/2 Tsp. Green Chilies, Optional
How to make chapata kela:
Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds. When it crackles, add banana, salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder and sugar. Mix well, when banana gets soft, add lemon juice and chopped coriander for garnishing. Serve hot with pooris and chapatti.
Chatpata Kela or Spicy Banana Stir Fry
- 1 Cup Ripe Banana, Diced
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chili Powder to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Coriander Leaves, Chopped for Garnishing
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- When it crackles, add banana, salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder and sugar. Mix well.
- When banana gets soft, add lemon juice and chopped coriander for garnishing.
- Serve hot with pooris and chapatti.